Saturday, February 16, 2013

For God Has NOT Given US A Spirit of FEAR


Begun at 2:00 am
2 Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;
I am thankful to God.  I serve Him faithfully and with a pure conscience.  Paul was the end of a generation of faithful priests but I am faithful beginning the day Jesus brought wisdom into my soul.  I remember those who have faithfully labored with me and remember them in my prayers.  I remember Mother Nash and so many others who prayed for me and encouraged me to continue on.  I remember and pray for my fellow laborers because even apart from the love of God my Father and my Lord Jesus Christ, I am not alone.  I am part of a larger body and as much as I love them and the encouragement I draw from them I am honored by their love and the encouragement they draw from me.
2 Timothy 1:4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
I miss you greatly and when I read of your tears, whether because you have lost a loved one or are suffering or are merely lonely as I sometimes am I remember and pray that you may be encouraged and I may be filled with Joy.  If I took time right now to name names of those who are on my heart, I would name, K, M, M, D, C, H, B, G, D, E, E, E, R, K, E, J, R, J, C, J, P, T, E, A, A, T, E, T and so many others.  This is by no means a complete list because even now B, A, E, P, C, R, E, F, V, V, C, K, T, D, A and so many more appear before me.  Yes I know you are hurting at times and yes I know your loved ones do not always appreciate you but God does and He is the one who is making a difference.  I rejoice in you and call you brethren beloved.
2 Timothy 1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
Your love for God is real and not faked.  You who have loved God from your parents and beyond have reaped from their love of God and are all the stronger for it.
2 Timothy 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
I am related to Apostle Joseph L. Sims who was poured as an offering into my life and many of yours.  Do you accept this gift and blessing?  Do you believe in it and the power it adds to your life?  I am related to C, S, H, C, B, H, B and so many others who have taught, chastened and raised me to become who I am and who YOU are.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Fear does not belong in me.  You and God love me.  Jesus gave His life for me.  I am DUNAMIS, all power; I am AGAPE, founded on love; I am PISTIS, based in faith.  I am the substance of all good things I have hoped for and the evidence of even those things I have never seen but believe in.  I am SOPHRONISMOS, disciplined, focused, directed and sure of who and what I am in Christ Jesus.  No weapon formed against me shall prosper and I will dwell in the house of my Lord FOREVER!
2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
Do not sweat because of your testimony before Christ but rejoice in the one that followed your conversion.  Do not be ashamed because it does not yet appear that you or I am where we ought to be, but when He has completed His work in our lives we shall be LIKE HIM!!!  Even now we are like Him in faith and truth.  Prisoner we may sometimes be but no person on earth is as free and full of hope and future as we are.  Rejoice in your afflictions and be filled with joy over your trials because the King of Glory is coming in with power and deliverance.
2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
You weren’t called by your works or because you looked cute or because you have such great untapped potential.  You were called because God looked upon you and loved you without reservation or purpose of evasion.  He chose you out of millions and made you an example of His Love.  You are the fiancé of an eternal King and Lord and He is watching you with great anticipation, love, passion and joy.  How can you fail unless you choose to unaccept the joyous offer of eternal redemption, love and union.
I was awakened at 2:am concerned about our runaway government, world hunger and starvation, war and rumors of war and signs in the heavens.  I was not awakened in fear for that is not my mind.  I was awakened because God reminded me that it does not take a gun or a huge bank account or a clear and focused purpose.  It takes faith in Him to protect me and I am persuaded YOU in this walk. 
Beloved, stop playing.  Stay focused.  Our enemy doesn’t play.  God warns us and gives us instructions.  Keep focused even more so you never miss His loving and sure direction.
I love you.
Stay safe in me and Him while I stay safe in you and Him.  We can’t do this thing alone.  We are a body.  We need every single one of the called to make it.  Listen to your spirit and silence your flesh. 
Bishop J.

No comments:

Post a Comment