Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How Is It Glowing?



There is an old proverb dating back to the 13th century or earlier that says, “Strike while the iron is hot!”  Another says to, “Make hay while the sun (son?) shines.” 

Revelation 3:20 says, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” 

God rarely comes to speak to me while I’m sitting in my favorite chair with an iced tea just waiting on Him.  His timing in my life runs more toward when I’m right in the middle of something I really want to do.  That’s when he’ll knock at the door to my heart and say, “Son, may I have a word with you?”  Sadly, my answer has often been, “Now Lord?  Can it wait 30 minutes?” 

God has never once answered that question.  He simply moves on to the next person on His list of blessings and sees if he or she is too busy.  Thankfully God is too loving and gracious to leave me there indefinitely; it just seems to be indefinitely.  You can of course do things to shorten the length of time God remains silent.  You can fast and pray and worship and consecrate.  All those things together will likely prove adequate to elicit a positive response from our Heavenly Father but nothing will make His joy as apparent as a quick original response.  Never forget that God says, “To obey is better than sacrifice.” 

There is an unsaid corollary to that verse.  If you do not obey, you will sacrifice…possibly painfully.

Habakuk 2:3 says, For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”

My reason for writing this tonight is not to scare anyone into obeying God but to provide a moment of introspection and thought.  “Are you where you ought to be in life right now?  Yes…?  No…?”  God has a purpose, a vision if you will, for each of us.  There is a day it should begin, a day for each individual step and a day of completion where God says, “Well done thou good and faithful servant.”  Any actions or lack of action on your part that prevents or delays His purpose is by definition and nature a bad thing.

You need to be swift to hear…slow to speak…slow to wrath…and let us not forget, swift to obey.  This is just a…public service announcement.  You may be right were you need to be in Christ.  If so, congratulations.  I give you your due honor.  If not, you want to be…don’t you?

In every school I have ever attended there have been tests.  After the test is scored the teacher will often go through your answers with you to correct any deficiencies.

Beloved, the next time God knocks on your heart’s door and asks to have a word with you; stop whatever you are doing and loudly proclaim, “Come on in Lord!” 

Father, I pray tonight for your beloved saints who read this message.  I pray you will be gracious with them and reset your door schedule to put them back up in front of the line.  I pray for their hearts that they be clear and pure toward you and that they have an ear to hear.  You said that whoever I forgive on Earth is forgiven in Heaven so Lord I forgive them in the name of your Son Jesus for ever putting you on hold.  I pray you will open up their hearts and ears and repeat the offer very soon; before they have time to forget their repentance.  Thank you Father; in Jesus Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment